Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 25 - Dance improvisation

Wednesday 5th April
Today out dance teacher, Laura was not in college but she set us work to do whilst she was away.
To start the session, I led a warmup which consisted of jogging around the room followed by some stretches. After this we moved on to practicing the duet.
The duet that Callum and I will be performing is to ‘House on fire’ by Sia. The routine includes quite a lot of lifts so we need to be practicing these quite regularly if we want them to look good and smooth within the routine. We decided to use this time to practice through the choreography a few times so that it is fresh in our heads. After this, we practiced some of the lifts that we have been learning. I found this lifts slightly easier today as I have done them before and I am now used to being lifted.
Once we had then practiced these lifts, we ran through the choreography again but included the lifts this time.
My target for this duet is to feel more confident when performing the lifts because at the moment I am feeling very nervous about being lifted in the air because I am not used to it. However, as we practice these lifts more and more, I will become more confident. I need to ensure that I am practicing outside of these dance lectures for both duets with Callum and Angel because there isn’t much time till the show and we need to make sure that the routines are performed to the best of our abilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment