Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Monday 10th October
The aim of this lecture was to review our starting parts for some elements and to concentrate on learning our poems. 
To start the lesson, we started with the warmup. For this, we started by carrying out the intercostal diaphragmatic exercise. For this exercise we breathed in for 4, held for 6 and breathed out for 12. Here is a link to a video of me carrying out the exercise and also some comments from my lecturer Cara:
I carried out this exercise quite well as I did not move my shoulders. However, there was not much movement in the diaphragm so this is an area which I will focus and improve on. We then moved onto the diction and travelling exercises that we have had a brief look at in previous lessons. Firstly we looked at “pah, tah, kah”. Although I only just know the exercise without the piece of paper, I am unable to say the exercise with some speed. This will come over time as I keep practicing it over and over again. Here is a link to a video of me carrying out the “pah, tah, kah” exercise:
Once we had finished the warmup we moved onto looking at our poems. Between last week’s session on Monday and today, I have looked at the beginning of my poem a few times but I have not had time to learn it.
Our target from last week was to start to learn the first part of our poem and to learn the “pah, tah, kah” exercise. This means that I have partly achieved my target because although I did not learn the start to my poem, I did learn the travelling exercise. Due to me only partly meeting my target, the duration of time that I had to complete this target has been extended and I now have until the 17th of October to learn the first part of my poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment