Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Work experience
From the 6th of February till the 10th of February I went on a work placement with the organisation LOOK UK. Throughout the week I was working alongside director, Charlotte carrying out several different tasks and activities. The main thing that I was doing throughout the week was helping to organise a beauty and fashion event that is to happen later this year. During the week I was able to develop my event organising skills. These organisation skills are transferable to many other areas. For example, they can be used when you are organising an event as an actor. When organising an event as an actor there are several things that you need to do to make sure that the event runs smoothly such as booking a venue, employing other actors and advertising the event. During the work placement I also made a list of jobs that would need to be done to make sure that the event is successful. Other existing skills that I used were punctuality (being on time to the placement every day and looking presentable) IT skills (working with spreadsheets and blogs) and confidence (when talking to people about problems within the partially sighted community).
I enjoyed this placement as I feel it has given me an insight as to what job role I could go into in the future. Also, the placement enabled me to maintain my current existing skills such as organisation, punctuality and confidence. 

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you were able to use your organisational skills so effectively Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete