Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Thursday 17th November
We started the lecture today with a singing warmup. This consisted of major scales, arpeggios and the intercostal diaphragmatic breathing exercise. Once we had finished the warmup we moved onto the main part of the lesson.
Today we were focusing on one of the songs that we are going to perform as a group. This song is called ’Africa’ and was originally sung by Toto. In this lecture we were mainly focusing on learning the lyrics for the song as we are going to be recording this in the studio within the next few weeks. I already knew some of the lyrics to the song but not many of them. At first I was unsure about what lyrics and harmonies I was singing in the song. After consolidating with my lecturer and my peers, I am now aware of the harmonies which I am singing and that I am singing all of the lyrics. Once we had run through the song a few times, we had a group discussion about what other song we would like to sing as a group. We came up with a few ideas such as ‘We are family’, ‘Dancing in the streets’ and ‘Be happy’. We are yet to decide on this song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment