Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Monday 26th September
The aim of this lecture was to select a poem which, over the course of the next few weeks, we will improve and develop our skills. 
We began this lecture with a warm up with lots of physical elements. As we were cold, we patted the skin gently to warm it up and get the blood flowing to these areas a bit faster. After a few star jumps and warming the neck up with some head rolls, we were ready to move onto the main part of the session. 
We spent quite a while looking for a poem that interested us individually. After looking for quite a while, I eventually found a poem that interested me. The poem which I selected is called ‘Blessing’ and was written by Imtiaz Dharker. I chose this poem because there were certain phrases that stood out to me such as “the skin cracks like a pod”. Another reason why I picked this poem was because when I was reading the poem for the first time, I could imagine and visualise a scene of the poem in my mind. This made the poem stand out against the others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment