Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Thursday 11th May
In today’s lesson we were focusing on the duologue.
Over the past few weeks we have mainly been focusing on learning the script. Although I am quite secure with my lines, I am not very sure of my lines if I do not get the correct queue line which is said by Angel. Therefore, we both have to work equally as hard to learn the script because even if one word is said differently then this may lead to the other person forgetting their line.
Today we actually got to practice the duologue where we will be performing it to an audience. We will perform the duologue before the UCAN performance on the 15th of June. The boat for our duologue will be set on the stairs which lead up to the performance studio. Here is a picture of me and Angel sat in the boat on the stairs:
Once we had gone through the duologue, we got given some feedback from our lecturer and our peers. My lecturer, Cara said that although she was able to hear me, I need a little bit more projection because on the night when we perform this, the foyer is going to be packed full of people and everyone may not be able to hear me as well. This also means that Angel and I need to be speaking at around about the same volume. Another piece of feedback that I was given was to work on characterisation a bit more but I think this will come more naturally as soon as I am fully secure with my lines. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a good point about projection Charlotte. This has been an on going target for you and one I hope you will fully realise when you perform your duologue in the performance.

    ReplyDelete