Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 25 - Dance improvisation

Wednesday 1st March
Today the dance practitioner, Laura was not able to make it into college so I practiced the material that I had learnt in previous lessons.
To start off the session I carried out a physical warmup to make sure that I didn’t injure myself. This consisted of some jogging on the spot, shoulder rolls and stretches. After this warmup I went on to recapping the routines that I had already learnt.
Although Laura wasn’t in this session, she had set me work to do. Firstly, I ran through the duet that me and Angel have been learning. Although Angel wasn’t in this session I was still able to practice this to make sure that I could remember all of the moves and to make sure that the timing was right.
Next, I decided to go through my solo. I firstly practiced this without my pointe shoes just as a refresher. Once I had gone through this a few times and the routine was fresh in my head, I put my pointe shoes on. Before running the routine with my pointe shoes on, I did some more warmup exercises to make sure the muscles in my feet were warm. These exercises will also strengthen the muscles in my feet because at the moment, my feet are not strong enough to get all the way through the routine. After the exercises I ran through the pointe routine a few times. At the moment I am not able to perform the pointe routine all the way through in my pointe shoes because my feet aren’t strong enough but over time, my feet will become stronger if I carry out foot strengthening exercises regularly. For the solo, I was asked to improvise for some parts. After improvising the part several times I found that some of the moves that I had improvised really fitted with the routine so I decided to repeat them the next time that I did the routine. Therefore, I have started to blend improvisation into choreography but I can still slightly change the movement at any time if I wanted to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment