Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 25 - Dance improvisation

Wednesday 14th December
Today we were carrying on with looking at the routine which I learnt last week. The dance routine is to a song called ‘Tears’ which is sung by Louisa Johnson. This week were looking at adding some improvisation movement. Firstly we decided to change the song to ‘All around the World’ by Justin Bieber. The routine and the moves that I have already learnt fit very well to this music. We ran through the routine that I had learnt last week a few times and then Laura set me a task. The task was to create some material which would add onto the end of the piece that I was already confident with. When she set the task, Laura left the room so she did not see any of the material that I was creating and so it was 100% my input. This was to assess me on how well I can choreograph movement and if it fits in with the style of the dance.
When Laura came back into the room, I showed her the material that I had created. The feedback that she gave me was that the moves really fitted with the style of dance and that I am able to create material really well. Once I had showed her the material that I had created on my own, I put this together with the routine. The first time through I wasn’t very confident as I forgot parts of it but the second and third time through I was able to recall it better. An improvement that Laura gave me to work on was to try and make the moves bigger and sharper. Because I am not used to this style of dance, I find this quite difficult. At the moment, for the moves that I have added myself, I am sharper and these are clearer. At the moment I am still trying to remember the choreography but hopefully in the next lesson I will be more confident with the routine and therefore be able to put more emphasis on the moves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment