Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 25 - Dance improvisation

Wednesday 22nd February
We started off the lesson with a warmup. This consisted of a few stretches, jogging and galloping. We then moved quickly to the rest of the lesson because we had a lot to get through in today’s lesson.
We started by recapping what we already knew of the duet to ‘Shape of You’. Once we had gone over it a few times we decided to learn the rest of it. We had to learn the rest of this duet today because this was the last week that we would have Charlotte to teach us the choreography. We pushed on quickly as we still had quite a lot of choreography to learn. We will then be able to practice this in the weeks leading up to the dance showcase towards the end of the year. We manged to learn the rest of the choreography that Charlotte had choreographed. Because we have just learnt the choreography, the moves are not very tight because we are currently focusing on being at the right place at the right time. I did not find working at a fast pace hard because I am able to pick up choreography quite quickly. This means that I am therefore I can help the others in my group in perfecting the moves and timing. Throughout the next few weeks we will be looking at tightening up the timing of the routine. This is very important for the routine because this routine is about a fight between me and Angel.
For the rest of the lesson I learnt the last part of my solo. I had learnt most of the solo in previous sessions so there was only a few bars to learn. I was able to learn this fast and then once I had picked up the choreography; I was able to have a full run through of the routine without my pointe shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment