Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Thursday 8th December
Today we were singing in the recording studio.
When I arrived at the studio I felt quite nervous to sing and record the song that we have been practicing over the past few weeks in lecturers. However, I did not feel as nervous to sing as I did the first time I sang in the recording studio. This is because I knew what to do as I had had the experience. To warmup I listened to the recording of the peers and sang along quietly to gently warm up my voice. When my voice was warm, I headed into the studio. This time I felt confident enough to stand in the room by myself as I knew what to do, where to stand and how to wear he headphones. I felt quite nervous before the song because alough I had sang in the studio before, this is still quite new to me. Once I had finished singing through the song I spoke to my lecturer. She told me that it sounded great and that I didn’t show my nerves at all. However in the last chorus I did go slightly out of tune but I was then able to sing this again.
When I went back through to the recording studio I was given some feedback from my lecturer. She said that I was in tune throughout the whole song and it sounded great. I was also given some feedback from the sound engineer at college who was helping out with the recording. He said that I had the clearest diction out of everyone in the group. He then went on to say that because my diction was so strong, my voice brought the whole song together. I was very happy with this feedback because at the moment I am not a very confident singing but when I receive positive feedback, it boosts my confidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment