Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 25 - Dance improvisation

Wednesday 3rd May
The aim of today’s lecture was to recap over all of the material that we have learnt in preparation for the showcase in a few weeks.
We carried out a warmup to start the lecture to make sure that we didn’t hurt ourselves when we were dancing.
After the warmup, Callum and I practiced through our duet and the new choreography that we learnt in last week’s lecture. We were both quite familiar with this dance because we arranged to meet up and practice on Sunday. This meant that we only needed to practice through the routine once before we could start learning more choreography. We managed to learn quite a lot of choreography. The new choreography includes a lift of which we practiced a few weeks ago and me doing the splits.
Next, Angel and I practiced through our duet. We also practiced this duet on Sunday so we could remember the dance quite well.
After the duets, I ran through my solo a few times. In my solo I use a suitcase as a prop. Today, I practiced for the first time with a box which is going to be made into a suitcase. The first time that I practiced through the dance, I was unsure of where the suitcase was meant to be at most points but by the second time of running through the dance, I was sure of where the suitcase was at all times. In future sessions, I need to keep working with the prop so I can get used to moving the prop around the stage and remember when I place the prop down and pick it back up.
To finish the lesson, Callum and I ran through our duet one last time. Here is a video of us rehearsing the dance:
Today’s lesson was very productive because I ran through all of the dances that I currently know for the showcase. I was also able to learn some more of the duet that I will be performing with Callum.
Due to having exams during our normal dance lectures, we have managed to arrange some extra rehearsals so that I am able to learn the group dances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment