Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Monday 30th January
This was the last session which we had to practice our poems before we go to Brecon to perform our poems in front of a professional.
We started this session with a quick warmup which consisted of the intercostal diaphragmatic breathing, diction and travelling exercises.
The majority of the lesson was then spent on making sure that we knew our poems and could perform them to their full potential. After one run-through of my poem, my lecturer gave me some feedback. I am still not projecting enough so that she can hear me clearly at the back of the performance studio. Also, I need to make sure the pace at the end of the poem is slowed right down so it keeps the audience hooked. Taking into consideration this feedback, I performed the poem again and afterwards my lecturer said that I performed it a lot better. When we go to Brecon I need to be able to perform it like the second time but I will only have one chance of performing it tomorrow. This means that I will have to be really focused and make sure I think about all the corrections and feedback that I have been given over the past few sessions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment