Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Wednesday 29th March
Today we only had half of the lesson so we started promptly by practicing the duologue.
Angel was not in the lesson today so Cara took on the character that Angel normally plays. Because I am now fairly familiar with most of my lines, I am able to start adding some movement and hand gestures into the piece. As we went through the piece, Cara gave me some ideas as to what sort of movement I could do whilst saying my lines. By Cara playing the role of Josie it helped me to gage a better understanding of the character as she knows the script fairly well and is able to use different expressions and intonations. 
My target is to carry on going over the script and making sure that I know all of my lines. The sooner I learn the lines, the sooner I can start to add more expression and intonation to the lines to make them more interesting and to engage the audience more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment