Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Friday 25th November
Today we went to the local theatre in Hereford, the Courtyard Theatre, to see the annual pantomime and this year they were performing ‘Aladdin’. I attended the show with the other students at college who are also on the performing arts course and our lecturer. I didn’t know what to expect as I have never been to this theatre to see any productions before. I have been to see pantomimes in the past but these were on a bigger scale. I have also performed in a few pantomimes but these were on quite a small scale.
Overall, I really enjoyed the pantomime. Although we went to watch the final dress rehearsal of the show, it felt like they were performing to a live audience as nothing went wrong. All of the actors playing main parts in the show remembered their lines and had really good characterisation. Also, the dancers in the pantomime were very good. The routines were well choreographed and performed. The pantomime included quite a lot of audience participation which was aimed at the younger children. I can use some of the methods that were used throughout the show during the performing arts course, especially if we are asked to create material that would be performed to younger children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment