Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Monday 21st November
The aim of this lecture was to carry on with the development of my poem.
To start off the lecture we carried out a warmup. The first part of our warmup was the intercostal diaphragmatic breathing exercise which we are now very familiar with. We then moved onto some diction and travelling exercises such as ‘pah, tah, kah’. Lastly we went through a couple of the tongue twisters.
For the main part of the lesson I was looking at developing my poem. Now that my poem is secure I am able to work on the expression and think in depth about how I want to say each line. I ran through my poem a few times and then I was given some feedback from my lecturer. From the first time that I ran through the poem, the pace was very fast. This is because I was rushing through it to make sure that I could remember it. This also meant that my diction was not very clear all the way through the poem. However, when I ran through the poem again, it was much better. When I was reciting the poem I used a lot of facial expressions to try and engage the audience and to make it more interesting. On the word “imagine” I lifted my eyebrows which will get the audience to use their imagination. Another piece of feedback that I was given was that I had some good vocal expression throughout the poem, especially at the line “the flow has found a raw or tongues”. Some notes that I was given for improvement included that I need to look at some words within the poem as when I pronounce them, they are not always coming across clearly. Also, I need to be careful about the change in pace especially at the line “the sudden rush of fortune”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment