Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 25 - Dance improvisation

Wednesday 1st February
To start off the lesson we carried out a physical warmup which was made up of jogging, galloping and stretches. After this we then carried out the breathing exercises which we have been doing for the past couple of weeks. Every week I am beginning to feel like they are becoming easier and I do not have to think about it as much.
For the main part of the lesson we were learning the rest of the duet piece which we will be performing in the end of year showcase. The duet is to the song ‘Shape of you’ by Ed Sheeran. We managed to learn quite a large amount of new material which we then added to the end of the piece which we had learnt in the previous week. There is one move which we are struggling to get right and this is when Angel has to lean forwards and I have to lean back on her. At the moment the move doesn’t look very natural. Overtime we are hoping to improve this by making it look a bit more natural.
Although we spent most time focusing on the duet piece, we did have a little bit of time to look at my solo. The solo which I will be performing will be on pointe so it’s important that I keep practicing to maintain the strength in my feet. Although we only had a small amount of time, we were able to add a bit of choreography onto the end of the material which I was already familiar with. We then filmed it so that I could look back at it to remember it and look for any corrections. At the moment I am only learning the dance so throughout the video there were a few mistakes but as I become more familiar with the dance, the amount of mistakes will decrease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment