Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 1 - Skills development in performing arts

Wednesday 30th November
The aim of today’s lesson was to look at improvisation.
The main task that we were looking at today was short improvisation tasks. Our lecturer, Cara would give us a line which someone would repeat and then we would then have to improvise from there. We had a go at many starters. After each short improvisation task, we were given feedback from our lecturer. Here are the links to the videos of us carrying out the improvisation tasks:
“I don’t know what I’m doing here”
“I’ve never seen anything like it”
“Let’s not fight anymore”
“You have blood on your shirt”
“You don’t know what I’ve been through today”
“You’re the last person I thought I’d run into here”
“We only have a few seconds”
“Don’t pretend that I’m not here”
The general feedback that I was given after these short improvisation tasks was that I stayed in character and was very focused. Because I stayed in character throughout these tasks, it means that I am improving because I used to not be able to stay in character for very long and now I can stay in character all the way through a task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment