Sunday 28 January 2018

Unit 7 - theatre in education

Monday 22nd January
Today I was recording the health and safety announcement ready for the performance on Thursday.
I sat down with Cara this morning and wrote a script of what I needed to say in the recording. Here is a copy of the script which I used during the recording:

Good afternoon girls, boys and teachers.

Welcome to the Chapel Arts Centre.

We’re not expecting a fire drill but if the alarm sounds, please leave the performance studio through the door you came in by. You will then be guided to the fire evacuation point.

Out of courtesy to the performers, will you please turn off mobile phones and any other talking devices. Thank you.

Now, you can sit back, relax and enjoy the Terrific Tale of Fiona the Fruit Fairy and Friends.

When I was recording this health and safety announcement, I needed to make sure that I didn’t sound breathy and to make sure that the sound was coming from my diaphragm. I also had to make sure that my diction was very clear and that I maintained my projection even though I was in front of a microphone.

I got to practice this through a couple of times with Cara so that she could make sure that it sounded alright and then I went into the recording studio to record it for the final time. The recording will now be edited and will be ready to be played at the dress/tech rehearsal on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. As you are aware, Health and Safety is an important consideration when preparing for and delivering a performance.

    ReplyDelete