Saturday 20 January 2018

Unit 64 - Singing techniques in performance

I have begun to think about the singing performance which will take place later in this academic year. I have thought about the type of songs which I would like to be sung in the performance.
In my own time, I was listening to a few songs and as I was listening to one particular song, I thought that it would be good to do as a group performance because it has some really nice harmonies in it which I think the group would be able to do really well. The song is called ‘The Sweet Escape’ and is sung by Gwen Stefani. An idea then sparked from this song was idea of having an escapism themed performance. The theme ‘escapism’ is quite a broad theme so it gives us a nice range to work with.
Once I had established the theme of the performance and I was happy with it, I started to look for songs which I could sing as a solo. I went for the theme around holidays and found a lot of songs which I noted down which are potential songs for the singing performance. These are:
·     ‘Holiday’ by Dizzee Rascal
·     ‘Holiday’ by Madonna
·     ‘In the Summertime’ by Mungo Jerry
·     ‘We’re going to Ibiza’ by the Vengaboys
·     ‘Waka waka’ by Shakira
·     ‘Mr Blue Sky’ by ELO
·     ‘Rock the boat’ by Forest
·     ‘La Isle Bonita’ by Madonna

As you can see, there a quite a few songs that I have thought of and am considering to sing as part of the singing performance. In my lessons I will work with my lecturer, Cara who will help me to pick some songs for the singing performance and will then help me work on these songs.

1 comment:

  1. You have certainly had lots of good ideas so far Charlotte and your suggestion for the theme has inspired your peers as well.

    ReplyDelete