Friday 16 March 2018

Unit 26 - Choreographing dance

Thursday 8th March
Today I had a dance session with Emily and Luke to work on some choreography for the dance show.
The song that Luke and I will be dancing to is already partly choreographed. This is because the dance will involve Eve, Toby, Anna and Aidan for the first section. I have already created the choreography for Eve and Toby and have been into their school to teach them it. We will be going back into the primary school soon to go over the choreography.
I have sat down with my dance teacher Laura and we have written down the timings for this song. The routine is to the song ‘A thousand years’ and will be the very first routine in the show. The timings are as follows:
·     0:00-0:52 – Anna and Aidan
·     0:54-1:22 – Eve
·     1:23-2:00 – Eve and Toby
·     2:01-2:45 – Charlotte
·     2:50-3:47 – Charlotte and Luke
·     3:50-4:40 – Charlotte
In these sessions on a Thursday evening, we will be focusing on the part where Luke and I will be dancing together.
Following on from last week where we tried some lifts, we tried some choreography today. We start by doing the same moves. We start with 2 balances and then move into a waltz turning step. Then Luke goes down onto his knee and I penche lifting my back leg up. When Luke stands up, I twist in so we’re next to each other and then I twist out and we end holding hands with our other arm up in the air.

In the next few weeks, we will carry on working on this choreography.

No comments:

Post a Comment