Friday 9 March 2018

Unit 24 - Auditions for actors

Monday 26th February
In this session today, I was spending some time looking at my monologue ‘Steeping out’.
To start the session we carried out a comprehensive warmup which involved walking around the room, the intercostal diaphragmatic breathing exercise and diction exercises. We then moved on to working on my monologue.
I am still in the process of learning the monologue and therefore it is hard for me to build on my character at this early stage. The main focus of this session was to work out the directions which I face during the piece. The piece is quite difficultly positioned because it is about a dance teacher who is teaching a class. It gets confusing during the monologue as to which way I should be facing. I don’t want to have my back to the audience a lot because then my projection will be lost. Therefore, I am going to act it out to the audience as if they are the members of the class.

After working on the directions which I needed to face, I worked on using my prop. For this monologue I will be using a hat because this is used within the dance routine which Mavis is teaching to the class. It took me a while to figure out when I should hold the hat and when I should put the hat on but after some run throughs and trying the hat on and off at different times, we found places which worked well.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see your methodical approach to developing the piece.

    ReplyDelete