Saturday 10 March 2018

Unit 26 - Choreographing dance

Wednesday 28th February
This week I took on the role of the teacher and helped Molly to choreograph her movement piece which will be in the end of year show.
To start the session, we carried out a warmup, This included lots of different stretches both standing and sitting. We then moved on to choreographing the piece.
Before half term, we had already started some work on this piece. Therefore we tried to remember what we had already choreographed and then built on top of this. It took us a while to remember what we had already choreographed but we eventually managed to remember what we had done. I then began to work with Molly to choreograph the rest of the piece. I mostly choreographed the sequence for Molly but at a few moments in the piece, I asked Molly if there were any specific moves that she wanted to put in. With both mine and Molly’s input, we managed to come up with a sequence of moves of which fitted to the music. We ran through this a few times to make sure it fitted with the music and that Molly could remember it. We then videoed the piece so that we don’t forget it and we can show Laura.

I found teaching and choreographing this piece quite difficult because it required me to think a lot about my description of the moves as Molly is completely blind. This is completely different from what I am used to as I am used to just copying off the moves. This was a challenge for me to describe all of the moves but I eventually started to get in the swing of it. Also, the moves had to be quite simple because Molly hasn’t done much dance before either.

No comments:

Post a Comment