Thursday 1 March 2018

Unit 26 - Choreographing dance

Wednesday 7th February
To start this part of the session, I took myself through a warmup to ensure that all of my muscles were warm and loose ready for me to dance. This warmup included jogging on the spot, star jumps, lunges and stretches on the floor.
We then moved on to going over the dance which I have recently learnt. The dance is to the song ‘Beautiful Trauma’ by P!NK. I managed to remember most of the choreography for the dance but there was a bit at the end which I struggled to remember slightly. I therefore went over this part with my teacher and then we practiced through the whole thing a couple of times the whole way through. When I was running the routine for the first time, it felt like something was missing but when I went through the choreography, there wasn’t anything missing but the moves are very slow.

Next week is work experience week and I may have some free time to start learning some more choreography for the other routines. However, if I don’t have time next week then we will start this choreography after the half term break.

No comments:

Post a Comment