Saturday 10 March 2018

Unit 24 - Auditions for actors

Monday 5th March
Today was a continuation of working on my audition pieces.
We started the session with a warmup which included walking around the room, stretches, the intercostal diaphragmatic breathing exercise and diction exercises. We then moved on to working on my pieces.
We started by working on ‘Stepping out’. We mainly focused on the characterisation for this piece. At the moment, I am not really acting as if I am the character so I need to move away from being myself and become more like Mavis. I think this will come more as soon as I am more familiar with the script. We also worked on the direction of the piece which we worked quite a lot on last week. Here is a video of me running through the monologue:
We then moved to my speech from ‘Romeo and Juliet’. I am still on script for this piece as I haven’t really started learning it. Here is a video of my starting point:

My target for this week is to start learning my Juliet speech so that we can start working on the characterisation and meaning of the speech. I also need to keep looking at the ‘Stepping out’ monologue.

No comments:

Post a Comment