Monday 6 November 2017

Unit 7 - Theatre in education

Here is a copy of the second draft script for the Theatre in Education piece:
The Terrific Tale of Fiona the Fruit Fairy
(and friends)

Nancy Narrator: Hello boys and girls. My name is Nancy the Narrator. Are you all sitting comfortably? Then Iet’s begin this story.

Music

Children, do you know what that noise is? That music means that Fiona the Fruit Fairy is coming!

Jolly dance music as Fiona enters stage right. She dances around the studio.

Fiona: Hello boys and girls! I’m Fiona the Fruit Fairy and I’m super fruity! Now, have you all brought your fruit shaped shakers? Ooh, aren’t they lovely. I can see a pineapple, I can see a pear and an orange. Now, I think it’s time we set some rules on these fruit shaped shakers. So, when I hold my hand high, you shake your shakers as loud as you can. Ready? (shake shakers loudly).  But when I put my hand low, you shake your shakers as quietly as you can. Ready? (shake shakers quietly).
Now, let’s practice a rhythm with these fruit shaped shakers shall we? Repeat after me (plays easy rhythm which is then accompanied by music).  Well done everybody! Now we’re going to try something a little bit harder (plays harder rhythm which is then accompanied by music). Give yourselves a round of applause!
Weren’t they good Nancy?

Nancy: They were fantastic Fiona!

Annie Apple groans offstage

Nancy: Oh dear children. Can you hear that noise? I think it’s Annie Apple and it sounds like she’s in pain.

Annie enters from stage right groaning and holding her face.

Fiona: Hello Annie.

Annie: Hello.

Fiona: What’s wrong?

Annie: I’ve got toothache.

Fiona: Have you been eating too many sweeties?

Annie: …and chocolates, and I haven’t been brushing my teeth.

Fiona: Oh dear. Why don’t you try sitting on my magic chair Annie? It can sometimes make you feel better.

Annie: Oh, thank you Fiona.

Fiona: Now, we all know how important it is to brush our teeth don’t we boys and girls? And we don’t just brush once a day, we brush twice a day. Twice a day keeps the fillings away. Can you say that with me? Twice a day keeps the fillings away. I can’t quite hear you. TWICE A DAY KEEPS THE FILLINGS AWAY!

Now Annie, have you heard of sweetie day?

Annie: No, what’s sweetie day?

Fiona: Sweetie day is when you eat all the sweets that you want on just one day of the week. My sweetie day is on a Saturday and I eat all the sweets I like on a Saturday and then I don’t eat any sweets for the rest of the week. In fact, I’ve got a song which helps me to remember sweetie day. Shall we sing it together?

Annie: Yeah let’s.

Nancy: Could I join in the song too Fiona?

Fiona: Of course you can Nancy!

Fiona makes her way over to Nancy and guides by holding hands

Fiona: Come on Annie!

Music: Sweetie Day

Sweetie day, sweetie day
How I love my sweetie day
Sweetie day, sweetie day
I love my sweets on a Saturday

I have my sweets on a Saturday
But not on any other day
I brush my teeth everyday
And not just on a Saturday!

Sweetie day, sweetie day
How I love my sweetie day
Sweetie day, sweetie day
I love my sweets on a Saturday

I brush my teeth everyday
And not just on a Saturday
After breakfast, after tea
Keep my teeth bright and shineeeee

Sweetie day, sweetie day
How I love my sweetie day
Sweetie day, sweetie day
I love my sweets on a Saturdayyyyy

Instrumental as the characters carry out a short dance routine. Fiona, Nancy and Annie each have a small solo part which then leads into weaving in and out of each other.

Sweetie day, sweetie day
How I love my sweetie day
Sweetie day, sweetie day
I love my sweets on a Saturday

Annie Apple groans.

Nancy: Oh dear Annie. You need to go to the dentist now. Come on.


Annie guides Nancy back to her stool and then exits stage right.

1 comment:

  1. Well laid out Charlotte, the script looks clear and accessible.

    ReplyDelete