Sunday 5 November 2017

Unit 37 - Dance performance

Wednesday 18th October
In todays session we were mostly talking about the homework that was set last week. This was to think of 3 significant memories in oiur life so far. The 3 memories that I picked were DisneyWorld 2013, year 11 in secondary school and starting college. The reason why I picked these 3 memories is because they all represent a different emotion which I associate with them. For DisneyWorld, I see this as a really happy memory as I love Disney and I had always wanted to go to Disney. For year 11, I recognise this as quite a tough time. I associate this with sadness, stress and anger. However, this then contrasts with starting college as I had many different emotions at this time such as excitement, nervousness and happiness. We then had a discussion of what things remind us of these memories and why they do this.

For the rest of the session we talked about what the homework was going to be for over the half term break. Laura explained to us that she would like us to create a mood board for each of the 3 different memories. We don’t just have to do 3 memories, we can do more than this if we want to. For each of the memories we need to think of something from each of the senses which we associate with that memory. For example, if I saw a GCSE exam paper, this would remind of me of year 11. We need to do this for each of the memories and stick this all onto a piece of card and bring it in to the first lesson after half term.

1 comment:

  1. Choosing contrasting emotions will help create a varied devised piece. Well done.

    ReplyDelete