Sunday 5 November 2017

Unit 7 - Theatre in education

Here is a copy of the first draft script of our performance. It is quite rough notes at the moment but as the drafts develop, more detail will be added:

THE TERRIFIC TALE of FIONA the FRUIT FAIRY ( and friends)

Nancy Narrator – Boys and Girls- hello, my name is Nancy the Narrator. Are you all sitting comfortably? Then Iet’s begin this story

Music

Children do you know what that noise is? That music means that Fiona the fruit fairy is coming

Jolly dance music

Fiona enters - dances around the studio

Fiona-  Hello boys and girls, I’m Fiona the fruit fairy and I’m SUPER FIT!! Now, have you all brought your fruit shaped shakers? Ooh, aren’t they lovely. I can see a pineapple, I can see a pear and an orange. Now, I think it’s time we set some rules on these fruit shaped shakers. When I put my hand high you shake your shakers as loud as you can- like so... When I put my hand low, you play your shakers as quietly as you can- like so…
Now, let’s practice a rhythm with these FSS. Well done everybody, now we’re going to try something a little bit harder- complex rhythm. Give yourselves a round of applause.
Weren’t they good Nancy?

Nancy – they were fantastic Fiona

Annie Apple – big groan

Nancy- Oh dear Children, can you hear that noise, I think it’s Annie Apple and it sounds like she’s in pain.

Fiona- hello Annie

Annie-  hello

Fiona -  what’s wrong?

Annie -  I’ve got toothache

Fiona – why don’t you try sitting on my magic chair Annie? It can sometimes make you feel better.

Annie - Ooh, thank you Fiona

Fiona -  Have you been eating too many sweeties?

Annie … and chocolate, and I haven’t been brushing my teeth.

Fiona - Now, we all know how important it is to brush our teeth don’t we boys and girls? And we don’t just brush once a day, we brush twice a day. Twice a day keeps the fillings away. Can you say that with me? TWICE a Day keeps the fillings away. I can’t quite hear you. TWICE A DAY KEEPS THE FILLINGS AWAY>.
Now Annie, have you heard of sweetie day?

Annie-No, what’s sweetie day?

Fiona - sweetie day is when you eat all the sweets that you want on just one day of the week. My sweetie day is on a Saturday and I eat all the sweets I like on a Saturday and then I don’t eat any sweets for the rest of the week. In fact, I’ve got a song which helps me to remember sweetie day. Shall we sing it together?

Annie- yeah let’s.

Fiona- Would you like to join in as well Nancy?
 Makes her way over to Nancy and guides by holding hands

Nancy – ooh yes please Fiona.

Fiona- come on Annie

Music intro:
Sweetie Day.

Sweetie day, sweetie day
How I love my sweetie day
Sweetie day, sweetie day
I love my sweets on a Saturday

I have my sweets on a Saturday
But not on any other day
I brush my teeth everyday
And not just on a Saturday!

Sweetie day etc….

I brush my teeth everyday
And not just on a Saturday
After breakfast, after tea
Keep my teeth bright and shineeeee

Sweetie Day, sweetie day etc….


1 comment:

  1. This will be the first of many drafts Charlotte, so there's no need to post all versions. What would be useful is if you make a note of amendments and developments as you work with each new version of the script.

    ReplyDelete