Sunday 19 November 2017

Unit 7 - Theatre in education

Thursday 2nd November
Today we were unable to have the afternoon session as we were participating in a workshop with an external company but I had a session in the morning with my performing arts lecturer Cara. We spent the session writing a song. This is because it was brought up in the last session that Fiona the Fruit Fairy should have a song. The group thought that the song should have a ballad feel to it. So, me and Cara took the ideas that had been proposed and came up with these lyrics:

I love it here in my Fruity Kingdom,
Watching all the fruit grow on the trees.
The air is clear in my Fruity Kingdom,
A happy home for the birds and bees.

4 bars instrumental

Will you come and play in my Fruity Kingdom,
We can hop and skip and jump and dance.
Eat some fruit and veg in my Healthy Kingdom,
Come on Sweetie Monster just give me a chance.


During the 4 bars instrumental, I will have a small choreographed piece of dance which I will choreograph at a later date once I know where all of the characters will be on stage. I really like this song and I think it will fit in with the scene that we have already devised. I just need to keep going over this and then I will begin to remember the lyrics and the tune.

1 comment:

  1. It is good to see you realise your more creative side Charlotte- a little bit of self belief goes a long way. You have written a great song for your character, the next hurdle to jump is the performing of it! Hopefully, projection will improve as you become more familiar with lyrics and melody.

    ReplyDelete