Monday 9 April 2018

Unit 37 - Dance performance

Wednesday 28th March
The main aim of the session today was to run through all of the choreography that we have learnt so far.
We started off the lesson with a warmup which I led. This involved several different stretches both standing up and sitting down. We then moved onto going through the choreography in the order that it will be performed.
The first routine will be ‘A Thousand Years’. We didn’t have any of the children in the lesson today who are performing in this song so I just marked through their bits. I was also able to show Laura the choreography which I have been learning with Luke on a Thursday night. We ran this routine a few times and then we moved onto the next routine which was ‘Beautiful Trauma’. I am very happy and confident with this choreography as I have been practicing it over the weeks to ensure that I will remember it for the show. Next was Molly’s movement piece. We had to spend a good bit of time working on this piece because Molly had forgotten most of it so we therefore spent some time going over the choreography. To finish off I practiced the song ‘Rise’. This is the routine which we started choreographing a few weeks ago and will be continuing to choreograph today. We managed to add quite a bit of choreography onto what we already had. This routine is beginning to take shape and we will finish the choreography for this after the Easter holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment