Sunday 29 April 2018

Unit 37 - Dance performance

Wednesday 25th April
To begin the session, we carried out a warmup to ensure that all of the muscles in our body were warm.
We then ran through the routines in the order of which they will be performed. We have started to do this so that we can get used to the order and see how long we will have in between the songs to do any costume or scene changes. 
In my time outside of these lessons, I have started to learn a tap dance which will also be in the performance. We are not too sure where this song will go yet because we need to make sure that I have enough time to put my tap shoes on in between the dances. I was able to show Laura this routine today because she hasn’t seen it yet. I will carry on working on this routine next week with my dance teacher, Emily. 
After rehearsing all of the routines which we have already choreographed, I had a discussion with Laura about the music for some of the other routines which we still have to choreograph and teach. Next week we will be working with Sienna who will be playing the part of Aurora in the performance. Laura and I will choreograph the routine in our session in the morning and then we will be teaching it to her in the afternoon after we have been back into the primary school to go over choreography with Eve, Toby, Anna and Aidan. 
We have discovered that there are lots of things to do in such a short space of time but all of the things left to do are quite small so hopefully we should get all of them done in time for the performance. 
Last Friday, I went into the recording studio to record the narrator voiceover which will be played throughout the performance at different moments. However, we having a discussion today and seeing when routines are going to start and finish, we have come to the realisation that we will probably need to record this again because we need to make quite a lot of amendments to the script and we also need to indicate when songs are going to start/end and when there is going to be an overlap of music and voiceover. Hopefully we can work to get this script sorted by the end of next week so it gives us time to record it and edit it before the show.
Costumes are also in preparation too. I will be having some wings made for me. I was measured for these this afternoon and hopefully I will have them very soon so that I can start to practice in them so that I can get used to them in time for the show. We also need to order the remaining costumes for the children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment