Monday 23 April 2018

Unit 37 - Dance performance


Wednesday 18th April
Today, we were working on preparing for the dance performance in May.
Laura and I had a discussion about what we still have left to do for the dance performance. We put together a list of things that we needed to do in the weeks running up to the show. One of the things to do is to go back into the primary school to recap over the choreography which I taught Eve and Toby a while ago. We have scheduled in 2 weeks where we will go into the school to go over the choreography so they are prepared for the show. We also need to order the remaining costumes so that we can practice in them and also try them on for measurements for other possible parts of costume.
Once we had done all of the admin tasks that we had to do, we moved on to some practical work. I carried out a full body warmup to ensure that I was fully stretches so that I could run through all of my dances. My warmup involved a pulse raiser, some stretches standing up and some stretches sitting down. Once I had finished my comprehensive warmup, we moved on to going through all of the dances.
We went through the dances for the show in the order of which they will be performed. This meant we started with ‘A thousand years’ then on to ‘Beautiful trauma’ and ‘Rise’. There are still a few dances to choreograph such as the finale and the tap routine however, I am able to pick up choreography quite quickly so this shouldn’t be an issue. Molly also has her routine which she will perform in the show.
Next week we will start to choreography the finale piece which will be to the song ‘This is me’. At some point during the next week, I will record the narrator speech in the recording studio. This will give Paul a chance to edit it and then we can listen to it to see whether we want to change anything or add anything in.

No comments:

Post a Comment