Wednesday 25 October 2017

Unit 26 - Choreographing dance

Wednesday 11th October
Today, me and my dance teacher Laura visited the primary school which I will be teaching in at the end of this week. I will be going into the school to teach a group of girls dance. From the group I will then select 1 girl to dance with me in the show at the end of this academic year.
When we got to the primary school, I met Jayne Millington-Jones who is the leader of safeguarding behaviour policy at the school and we went into her office. This meeting was just an initial visit to the school so that the school could get to know me a little and run through some policies with me. Jayne ran through the several different policies that they have at the school. She started with the behaviour policy which operates on a traffic light like system where good behaviour is green, behaviour that is slightly disruptive is yellow and disruptive behaviour is red. Hopefully I will not have to deal with any of the children misbehaving but we still went through the whole policy just in case. There are many other different policies which the school has but most of them weren’t applicable to me. The only other policy which was applicable was the safeguarding policy. Before she ran through the policy, I was asked a few questions in relation to safeguarding. Once we had run through the safeguarding policy, I was given a small section of the policy to take away with my and read over the next few days before I come back into the school on Friday. Here are some pictures of the document that I was given:

When we were leaving the school, we passed the PE teacher in the corridor who was helping to arrange all of this. When we spoke to her she said that I would be teaching the children in 3 small groups for about 20 minutes each.

I am quite nervous to be teaching this week because I have never done anything like this before. I am confident with the dance routine that I have choreographed but not so confident on the teaching element. I think this is because this is something that I have never done before but teaching is a job that I may potentially go into so this is giving me a taster as to what it would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment