Monday 2 October 2017

Unit 26 - Choreographing dance

Wednesday 20th September
Today we were looking and planning our ideas which we have for the rest of the year.
I had a discussion with my dance lecturer, Laura about what ideas we had for the end of year show. We decided to create a brainstorm of ideas because this is a good way of showing ideas clearly and all in one place. Here is a picture of the brainstorm:
We have decided that I will be dancing with a little girl in part of this performance. Therefore, we will have to run auditions to find a child that is most suitable for the role. I will be going into a primary school with Laura to teach a group of children a piece of choreography and then I will select through auditions. My homework for this week is to choreograph a sequence that I can teach to the children in a few weeks time. The sequence has to be around about 3 sets of 8 counts long and must be suitable for children aged 8 – 11. This means that the choreography can’t be too complex but can’t be too simple. I also have to plan a warmup which I will take the children through before teaching them the sequence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment