Saturday 28 October 2017

Unit 23 - Developing voice for the actor

Thursday 12th October
At the start of the session today I ran through my voice warmup with the rest of the group. This was a practice as I will be carrying out the full warmup next week. This enabled me to improve on any elements which I am currently not too sure on or missed out. Here is a video of me taking the group through my warmup:
Prior to the session, I created a set of notes which I referred back to during the warmup so that I remembered all of the activities.
I have watched the video back and I have found a few things which I could improve on for when I carry out the warmup properly next week. Firstly, I need to include some consolidation exercises as these will bring all of the work from the articulatory exercises together. Another improvement suggestion that I was given by my lecturer was to make the warmup slightly shorter. I can do this by slightly cutting down the amount of times we go through the intercostal diaphragmatic breathing and abdominal press exercises. Another improvement that my lecturer suggested is that I need to apply my diction exercises which I have learnt last year to when I am leading the warmup. This will then lead to the instructions becoming clearer to the group.

I am feely a lot more confident for leading the warmup next week now that I have had a practice run. This week I was able to have a taster as to what leading the group would be like and this has boosted my confidence. After making a new set of notes and considering the feedback I was given, I will be ready to lead my warmup next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment