Thursday 10 May 2018

Unit 26 - Choreographing dance

Wednesday 9th May
Today we were working on bringing everything together for the dance performance next week.
To begin the morning session, I carried out a warmup which involved a series of stretches so that I was able to dance all the routines to their fullest.
After the warmup, I tried on 2 of my costumes which arrived yesterday. Both of the costumes fit and then I was able to practice some of the dances in these costumes so that I could get used to how they feel. Trying on the costumes also enabled me to try some of the costume changes that I will have throughout the show. We have worked the order of the show strategically so that I have enough time to get changed in between routines.
We then went for a full run through of the show. I am now becoming familiar with the order of the show.
There were a few places throughout the show where there are little bits of choreography that have to be filled in. There are 2 parts in the song ‘A thousand years’ that need to be filled in. I worked with my teacher, Laura to fill in these bits to make sure that the whole routine flows into the different parts. Once we had choreographed these 2 parts, the whole routine was now finished and I just have to teach a little bit more to Luke in our next rehearsal. Here are a few photos from the rehearsal today:
A couple of weeks ago we did some photos and videoing for the advertising of the show. Below is a copy of the poster and the trailer for the performance:
I am very happy with how these advertisements have turned out and will now publicise these on social media to invite people to come and watch the show.
In the afternoon, we went into the primary school for the final time. We were going over the choreography which I created quite a while back which will come at the very start of the show. Unfortunately, we were unable to have Eve in the rehearsal today but we did work with her last week on her solo and her part in the duet. She will be in the dress/tech rehearsal next week and will also be here for the show. The session in the rpaimry school went really well. Toby managed to remember all of the choreography and I think that he is ready to perform his part in the show. There are a few more rehearsals which we have organised for the children to attend. Here is a copy of the letter which I have written to the parents of the children which are participating in the showcase:
After today, I am feeling a lot more confident for the performance. There are still quite a few things to do and get sorted in time for the show but I think that we will be able to get everything done in time. The only problem that we are facing slightly facing is getting everyone into rehearsals together. However, everyone should be able to attend the dress/tech rehearsal next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment