Tuesday 19 December 2017

Unit 7 - Theatre in education

Tuesday 14th November
I have been attending these extra sessions on a Tuesday morning so that we are getting more rehearsal time in before the show.
We had a word rehearsal to start off the session. We went through the script which we have so far (up to scene 5) just so that each of the cast members can start to learn their lines because repetition is key when trying to learn lines.
We then had a discussion about the hula dancing part in the script which I have just recently changed from hula hooping. I talked the group through the dialogue now that it has changed slightly and I made a few amendments to my script in pencil so I can now go back to the script and make these amendments electronically.
For the rest of the session we worked our way through the performance stopping and starting in some places due to amendments needing to be made.

At the end of the session we had a group discussion about what was going to happen next in the piece. We had decided last lesson that the Sweetie Monster was going to come on in his car and almost run Annie Apple over. We decided that they were going to do some improvisation around this idea in the next session later on today and although I wasn’t able to be there, Cara filmed them carrying this out and I will then transcribe this and make any suitable amendments ready for Thursday. Another target for Thursday is to work on the hula dancing choreography. Danielle has written the song with the help of Cara which I will be doing the hula dance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment