Wednesday 20 December 2017

Unit 26 - Choreographing dance

Here is a copy of a letter which I wrote to the parents and pupils of the primary school that I am currently working with:

Dear parents and pupils,

My name is Charlotte and I am a performing arts and A level student at The Royal National College for the Blind (RNC).

A few weeks ago I came into St Paul’s C of E Primary School to teach your daughter a short piece of dance which I had choreographed myself. I choreographed this piece of dance for one of my dance units as part of my performing arts course.

I would like to thank your daughter for participating in the workshop and the parents/guardians that gave permission for this to go ahead.

The aim of the workshop was to teach the girls a piece of dance and from this, I had to select one of the girls to participate in my end of year showcase at The Royal National College for the Blind in May 2018. It was an extremely hard decision to pick only one pupil as all of the children had a great dance ability and were all a pleasure to work with. All of the girls picked up the choreography really quickly and had great timing. I would like to congratulate the girls on their performance within the workshop. Although the girls haven’t been selected on this occasion, I was thoroughly impressed and really enjoyed my time working with them!

Yours sincerely,

Charlotte Milburn

No comments:

Post a Comment