Saturday 23 December 2017

Unit 23 - Developing voice for the actor

Monday 20th November
In the session today I was getting ready to perform my piece tomorrow to my peers.
We started off the session by carrying out a warmup to enable me to practice my monologue to the best of my ability. The warmup included warming up the whole body as well as the areas used mainly used during voice production. Once I was fully warmed up, I was able to start practicing and rehearsing my monologue.
The first time that I rehearsed my monologue, I remembered all of my lines and all of the corrections that I have recently been given. I need to remember what I did during this rendition and then apply these techniques to my delivery tomorrow. I then spent the rest of the session practicing the monologue in smaller chunks just to work on some intonation and diction in places. However, I found that the more I was practicing the monologue, I wasn’t remembering to apply all of the techniques and therefore the best delivery is always the first one. This means that when I come to performing my monologue tomorrow in front of an audience, I should not practice before I perform. One small thing that I do need to remember for tomorrow is to slow down in some places just so I don’t end up throwing away any lines.

I believe that I am ready to perform this to an audience. I have spent a lot of time going over the words and I have also spent a lot of time working with my teacher, Cara to work on different techniques to improve this monologue as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment